Elegantly Naked

Elegantly Naked

Monday, December 15, 2014

Candles, Make-Up, And An Umbrella


Mini Shopping Spree!
I have gone shopping once again! No surprise there. 
I have recently gotten into lipstick seeing that it is winter and winter is just better with darker lipstick.
The foundation that I have down there wasn't bought today, but it's really good so I thought I would share it. 
I also went and got some candles because like I've said in my previous post, I need things to fill up my room, so what better than something pretty and that smells good! 
As I went and looked around. I needed something to hang my necklaces on.  I couldn't find anything for my necklaces, but I did find this super cute up-side-down umbrella to put my ear-rings on. 

Here are all the candles I got.
These ones, I don't think I will put them in the candle collection. I have two really cute candle holder than I want to put these on. 
I really love my candles with little designs on them. I really liked this. I wanted keep my theme for the candles to be like silver/grey/blue. 
I think if I wanted to describe how the colors of my room is like, I would use this. The color is a mixture of blue and grey together with that hint of gold.

This one doesn't really go with the theme that I wanted to stick to, but it smelled really good and I loved that design, so I couldn't resist.
This is by Milani. It is called Sangria, #21. This is like the perfect shade of a dark lipstick with a hint of purple. I just love this so much. I love wearing this with anything and everything. It was only $2.99 so yay me. 

This is also by Milani. It is called Best Red, #07. I bought a red lipstick from Revlon a while back, but the color didn't seem to come on my lips as I wanted. It was a light shade of red, which I didn't like. Then I bought this and I would say this does red lips justice. It was only $2.99. 
This is by Revlon. It is called Black Cherry, #477. This is much more darker than the previous, but I love it just as much. It is harder to wear this than the other one. I would say this one I have to pair it with the right kinds of clothes to make it work. I think I paid $6.99 for this one.

Ok. This is the HD by Make-up Forever. I freaking love this thing. For a long time now, I have been struggling to find a medium coverage foundation that does seem too oily or make my skin look too dry. I had two different kinds of Chanel ones that were okay. The foundation that I used after was a Stila one and I really loved it, but I wanted a little bit more coverage. That was last winter. Then during the summer I thought I would buy the BareSkin by BareMinerals. I absolutely hated it. The first thing that I saw was what looked like oil drip out of the tube. I instantly regretted it. I thought maybe I should shake it up a bit more and try it out. I did and the coverage was ok, but there was a couple things I did not like. The smell that came from the foundation was so weird. Another thing is that it left streak marks on my face. I have tried it with a couple different brushes, I have tried using my fingers, but nothing worked. I used my Sigma Kabuki brush and I would pat it on instead of rubbing it in my face in a circular motion and that sort of helped. I used it for a while and noticed that towards the end of the day, my face was so oily, it was disgusting. So I decided to switch. I did my research and I really liked this one. I talked to the make-up artist at Sephora and she said this one would work better for me than the other one I had in mind. I got it for about $54 and absolutely love myself for getting it. It goes one perfectly and lasts a really long time.




This is the little up-side-down umbrella. It is super cute. I love the gold outlines, and the little bird on top. I have this set on my dressing table with my earrings on it.

Here's everything I got! Hope you guys enjoyed. Let me know which ones your favorite!

3 comments:

  1. Wow – I love the pictures! Want all this stuff, too. You’re making me jealous!
    Also the design of your whole blog is really pretty, girl! ♡
    I’m following you via gfc & look forward for your next post. You’re great – keep going! ♡
    Adoorablee.blogspot.com ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the candles and lipsticks you've purchased! The umbrella is so pretty, too! :)
    ~Moll

    www.mollymac13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete