Elegantly Naked

Elegantly Naked

Saturday, December 13, 2014

My Mini Dilema

So about 2 months ago, I moved out of my room and into the basement living room. It is literally twice the size of my old room. Which leads to major empty spaces for decorating. 
I have bought a couple things that look nice, but I am just not happy at all with how my room looks at this moment. Its a big rectangle room with a little extra square room in the corner, which I've turned into a walk-in-closet. I have like 2 tables, 4 drawers, 3 chairs, 2 sofa like chair thing, a room divider, and my bed. I have pictures on this shelve that is like attached to the wall and a couple paintings. I also have an oval mirror by my door leading into the garage. I mean I have all the major things, but it literally feels like an old person is living in my room instead of a 19 year old. It's so blah and it doesn't help that half my room wall is made out of wood. I want more little cute things without looking too crowded and messy. 
I've tried looking online at like Pinterest and things, but it is no use at all. I feel like theres nothing online that matches how my room looks like. 
I'm also stuck in between my different sides. One side is thinking in the future and how I would like it to look when I'm older and have everything just ready for that. I want something posh, but still cute with like stripes, dots, mint colors and little decors around my room. The other side just wants to be me and have fairy lights all over the place, with pictures hanging on strings, bed curtains, and have a very hippie/indie room. 
I was so excited when I first moved in. I had all these ideas about how I wanted to do my room, but once I've moved in here, I've realized that I have so much space and no creativity to fill it up with. I was like a minimal decor, but for it to still look cute and still be me. 
I feel so lost trying to be me. This is such a little thing to be going on about, but seriously. I need help. 

No comments:

Post a Comment