Elegantly Naked

Elegantly Naked

Friday, December 12, 2014

Stressing and Dressing

Finals. God they freak me out. I feel like I'm near death because of it.
Finals gets me shitting my pants and excited at the same time. Why? Because I am so ready to get school over with, but at the same time I'm not ready to take the exams. By the time finals come around, I feel exhausted. I am not capable of concentrating on anything. I never want to get out of bed in the morning. I just want to live in my sweats and sit right next to my heater.
But we can't all live in a fairytale world. Instead of rolling out of bed and just going straight to school, I dress up and do my make-up. Some might call me stupid and crazy. Why not get an extra 40 minutes of sleep instead of pampering myself? Because I enjoy looking good. Which is both a curse and gift.
Never do I ever have to be in College and think, well I look like shit today. I can go out shopping or something right after class ends if I wanted to, without worrying that I look like utter crap and am wearing sweats. I mean, its not the end of the world if I do, but it makes me feel much better. I like it when people compliment me on my lipstick color or the dress I'm wearing or how I did my hair that day. It feels good to express myself through dressing up.
Even though its winter, a Minnesota winter, which is always brutal, I just love to pair my skirts with tights, with a nice top even though people only see it when I take off my thick long North Face jacket off, because its freezing out. Even if I only take off my jacket for an hour while I'm sitting down at a table taking notes. It really is worth it.
In the end, I feel amazing. Looks aren't everything, but it feels good to look good. Of course I'm not doing it for other people. I want to look good for myself. It just makes me feel better about myself. Its not that I have my foundation, blush, lipstick, and mascara on. Its that I made an effort to feel good and am taking care of myself. That makes me feel really good.
Tell me, am I weird? Or does someone actually agree with me? Do I make sense even? Probably not. 

2 comments:

  1. I hate finals! I'm so glad that my school allows exemptions! So I only have to take 3 exams this week!

    Thanks for following my blog! I followed you back :)
    Also, welcome to Blogger haha x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have 4 finals, but one of them I get to take at home with notes! So thank god for that! Good luck on your finals! And thank you for following!!

      Delete